Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday: Swim

Ivan and I made it swim on time today, and I was in the water at 8:40 AM which is great for me.  Gretchen was coaching today, and I have to say that where Dennis and Steven are heavy on yardage, Gretchen is heavy on technique.  So we spent a lot of time kicking without fins and such, counting our strokes and perfecting our breaststroke.  Technique work moves super slowly, and I am pretty sure that we only got in about 2000 yards of swimming.  I feel pretty uncomfortable with less than 3000 yards, so I was a bit bummed to end the workout.  
BUT, it is the Friday before I leave on my impromptu trip to San Francisco and I spent the day:
  •  buying travel bottles of my favorite shampoo,
  • tracking down grab the gold bars (without which I will not travel)
  • getting my outfits ready
  • packing Ivan's clothes
  • buying travel teas
I also bought something that I had not seen since the last time I went on vacation with my grandparents:  a long box divided into days for holding vitamins.  It is packed and ready to go.  

Just a bit more packing and the iron will that will get me through the rest of my bathroom painting project.  I just need to make it through Monday.  !!

No comments: