Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday: Trainer Ride


This Sunday, I couldn't head to the lake because I am totally allergic this time of year.  It is a bummer, and I really missed the lake.  So, I spent this morning eating cold pizza, homemade Lara bars, guzzling tea and coffee and feeling peevish.  I greatly dislike being removed from my routine.

Ivan and I watched a bit of television, and played outside.  I finished up my paperwork and perused Ebay. When I put Ivan down for his nap, I climbed on the trainer and listened to my current ipod selection while reading Coach Troy's lips on a Spinerval DVD.  Why do they not have subtitles?  The DVD's aren't all that low budget, and subtitles would be a huge help as I just almost cannot sit on my trainer with Coach Troy as my only companion.

Anyway, listening to my ipod book was a huge downer.  Loving Frank is just a terrible book about people who make terrible choices and end so terribly;  more terribly than I thought possible.  It seems like when you are listening to a novel about such sad and poorly thought lives, your whole outlook gets sort of squashed.  SO, I would say that I made my trainer ride unnecessarily mentally tedious, and it impacted the whole workout.  It was officially my most unpleasant trainer ride ever.  When I finished my allotted workout, I sat on the couch and irritably watched Project Runway and was pleased to see the right contestant sent home.

Then, my mom came and took Ivan and I to dinner, which made for a great night.  We hit Yogurt World on the way home and took a walk with Ivan in my brand new running shoes!!!  

Painting project is moving right along.

No comments: