Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday: Day Off

Ahhh, the day off.  I am supposed to take a day off on Thursdays, but I rarely do it, because all sorts of fun athletic options arise. Today, even, I had in the back of my head that I was going to mess with my Garmin in an attempt to get the cadence sensor working and get in a trainer ride. I did mess with my Garmin, TO NO AVAIL.  The cadence sensor is still not working.  STILL.  In fact, I went to a Garmin website where they suggest (get this) to "take out the batteries, and put them in backwards in an effort to short the system and force all Garmin components to work together again".

For serious??  I mean is Doc Brown going to pick me up in his DeLorean and help me solve this problem.  How much more ridiculous is this going to get?

I am about to get down on my hands and knees, and try to short out a battery.  I am not a professional athlete.  I am just a novice and I am putting in an hour of time trying to sort out my timing device.  It seems a little over the top, and I still stink on the bike.

 

1 comment:

scott said...

It might be time to toss the Garmin Ms. Sloan. Addictions can be ugly and limit ones potential. Slavery to Gadgetry.
Try instead to FEEL your mind/body connection to fully unleash your own power and energy.
Go back to the watch and RPE. It won't be long to connect your efforts to your speeds. You'll get yourself back. Keep it simple Sally