Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday: Sonoma

After my disasterous morning at Alcatraz, Ivan and I loaded up the car and headed up to Sonoma for a couple of days.  The sun and the pool and the great playroom were enough enticement for me to drive the 45 minutes from San Francisco.

Now, I have gotten rather lucky on this trip.  Ivan's sleep schedule is off, which usually means EPIC drama.  On this trip, however, it has meant that he falls asleep every time he gets in his car seat.

Sunday morning in Sonoma was just lovely.  Ivan woke up early and played endlessly with the massive train table in the playroom while I perused the internet and caught up on my Town & Country, Elle, Vogue and every other glossy mag I have been missing.  Do I need a sequined leopard pencil skirt?? If you said "no", then I'm afraid we can't be friends.

In the afternoon, Ivan and I went for a long walk, which started well and ended badly, when Ivan wailed the whole way home.  Usually, the jog stroller is my dearest friend, but Ivan became unhappy about halfway into the run, and what do you do then??  The only thing left to do is get home, and there is no way to get there but the way you came.  The whole way home, I felt like a terrible mother with Ivan sobbing and sad.  At home, Ivan recovered, and I was able to get in a nice mile-ish swim in the pool.

In the evening, Ivan pushed the jog stroller up and down the driveway, before we had dinner of flank steak, corn pudding, and asparagus.  Secret: our corn pudding was Stouffer's!!  It was just popped out of the plastic and put into a baking dish.  Brilliant!!!  I have filed it away in my memory for future dinners.

Ivan and I hit the sack early and slept like the dead!!

1 comment:

caroline G said...

Ivan is beautiful. Beautiful.