Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday: RUN!!!!

So this morning, I did oversleep, BUT I got to the park right on time, and I felt great.  The weather was cooler, I had on my favorite shorts, my iced green tea was in perfect form.  We ran the 11.2 at Percy Warner Park, and my run went really well.  I kept up with everyone and had all the time in the world to hang out at the park.  John Keller brought extra Gatorades and Allan brought homemade Lara Bars and Chris burned me a copy of Tom Petty's new CD.  It was a wealthy day at the park.

In one small misfortune, someone (who will remain unnamed) dislodged my Garmin from the charger and it ran out of juice at mile 5.  This was a great sadness, as a run without my Garmin is almost worthless to me.  It made today a purely social run, but that isn't all bad.

I feel like the weather made the day.  Weather that starts out in the seventies makes me feel human and like, in some alternate temperature zone, I might enjoy running again.  Running has felt like a chore for the past month, and today, I remembered what it was to enjoy it.  Thrilling.  There was much talking.  John Keller had wise words about potty training.  Chris and I commiserated about the stress of two year olds.  Betsy and I discussed jewelry.  Just lovely.  

At home, I really meant to go to the farmer's market to stalk out organic veggies and a farmer who would sell me chicken breasts and some ground turkey, BUT I sat on the couch all day drinking tea.  I feel like a giant teapot.

I did devote some time to personal vanity.  We had a great dinner with friends. Seriously, it was a shish kebob love affair.

Lake swim tomorrow!!!

No comments: