Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday: Swim on Time

So today, for what seems like the only time in my whole life, I was on time for swim!!  I wheeled Ivan right into the nursery without incident, he appeared both happy and unconcerned when I left, which is the best way to leave a baby in the nursery.

At swim, Nick was there for the second day this week.  So exciting!!  We swam hard!!  Workout as follows:

  • 300 warmup
  • 4 x 50 sailboat drill (holding your arm straight up while you kick drill)
  • 300 IM
  • 4 x 50 breast stroke
  • 6 x 25 (half fast/ half easy) @ :45
  • 5 x 100 free @ 2:00
  • 6 x 25 kick
  • 5 x 100 free @ 2:00
  • 6 x 25 kick
  • 600 pull
This was 3050 meters, and I have to say that I need to practice kicking without my fins, BUT it slows me down.  I could have gotten in more yardage, but we did several of the things that I normally do with fins, without fins.  It is a quandry.  

Anyway, I attended the church women's social this evening and had homemade blueberry pie and gazpacho.  Friends, if you learn nothing else from this post, learn this:  alway attend social events at churches where people bring food.  You taste some of the best things.  Church socials, country funerals and Cosco on Saturday mornings are a culinary extravaganza.  Make a note of it

No comments: