Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday: Swim, Bike and Pure Barre

So this morning, I was up at a reasonable time and got to swim punctually, but had some trouble with Ivan in the nursery, where he screamed a piercing and painful screech as soon as I set him down.  My strategy for this scream situation needs to be altered in some way as it has made me thrice late to swim when I actually got to the pool on time.

When I finally did get in the pool, I had missed the warm-up which cuts down on possible mileage, so I was bummed.  Also, Nick (my swim nemesis, yet the nicest person in the world) seemed to be swimming faster than I was, which I could not help but see as a comment on my current level of fitness.  Workout as follows:


  • 100 swim
  • 8 x 50 kick
  • 8 x 100 swim @ 1:50 (we swam them at 1:30 and rested for 20 seconds)
  • 4 x 200 pull
  • 8 x 50 kick
  • 400 warm down
  • extra 200 kick warm down because Jamie and I were having a really great conversation
This was 2700 meters for me, but everyone else got in more like 4000 meters.  I have a 5k swim in about 6 weeks, so I need to up the ante to 4000 meter swims regularly.  I hope that just typing the former sentence has struck enough fear in my heart that I will actually get to swim on time and practice for my event.  I hope it will help me to understand that I have to let Ivan's screaming go and just hightail it out of the nursery.

On the way home, we made an epic trip to Cosco where I bought the supplies to make many many homemade Lara Bars, and much soy milk and yogurt and diapers and footie suits and I almost got into baby blue jeans, but I stopped myself.  

I got in a Pure Barre workout at home and then hopped on the trainer for a quick ride, but I am having some Garmin 310xt drama.  It won't pick up my heart rate monitor since I reset it last month and I can barely do a trainer ride without my heart rate monitor.  My cadence sensor is also off the bike, so who knows what I actually did on the trainer.  I am calling Garmin tomorrow to slog it out with the technicians.  Bleh






1 comment:

Jill Ann said...

Must be the Garmin devils at work. Mine stopped working last week too! I had to email Garmin and they taught me to do a 'hard reset' which fixed the issue. But...I had spent abou 2 hours trying to get the dang thing to work...ugh!! Garmin...we have such a love/hate relationship!!!