Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday: Run and Not Much Else

Last night, I went to bed at 8:45 PM like a champion.  It is amazing to me that even when I go to bed at 8:45, I am still a little groggy and resistant when I wake up to go run.  However, I would always much rather be well-rested than not.  Run was a bit weird today as I had to get to the park at 5:50 AM to get a parking space, and then hang around until 6:00 to start the run.  We ran the Westside run, which I thought was 7 miles, but is actually more like 6.3 (Gamin and I are back together).  SO, when we stopped, I ran the 1.6 loop with my friend Kiran and her jog stroller two times, so that it was about 10 miles all together.

I have to say that it is a bit weird after all the marathon training in the winter to get up and only run 10-ish miles.   I have felt rather lazy today as a result, but really 10 miles is not bad.  I didn't do much else today.  Just hung out, went a'visitin with Ivan and had pizza for dinner.

Also, I am embroiled in a bathroom painting project.  The bathroom has needed painting for months and I decided to do the ceiling and the trim as well as the wall.  While the bathroom is a tiny space, the painting is requiring a lot of trim work and there is not enough large space to use a roller.  This is making it a tedious job that can only be accomplished during Ivan's naptimes and bedtime.

I like the idea of a newly painted bathroom, and before I had the baby, I always had a house project going. There is nothing like a house project and a great book on my ipod.  For the purpose of my bathroom project, I downloaded Loving Frank. It is a fiction novel written about the real life affair of Frank Lloyd Wright and Mamah Cheyney, and it is honestly one of the most frustrating/ terrible books I have EVER EVER read/listened to.  It makes a mockery or women's suffrage and Frank Lloyd Wright seems to be the worst person that has ever existed.  Just wait until I write my book report.  You will be APPALLED.  I can barely even think about a prairie home anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.