Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday: Run and Not Much Else


Today was the first day of never using my 23-year-old alarm clock again.  I used the church bell sound on my iphone alarm, and it was quite nice.  It was much more refreshing than the terrible terrible noise that my 23-year-old alarm makes.  My wake up this morning was more like feeling a little jet-lagged in London,  than being run over by a train and a tugboat simultaneously, while someone says really mean things to you.  I could not help but feel that my 23-year-old alarm clock detested me based on its tone of voice.  Anyway, my dysfunctional relationship with my old alarm clock is over, and I feel good about it.

I ate a bowl of oatmeal on my way to run this morning and found the the park was more crowded that I have ever seen it.  I had to parallel park on a hill in a ditch in between two tiny cars that my monster truck would have squashed had I rolled backwards even a bit.  There was no regular parking to be had. Once I finally got parked, I had to hoof it to the meeting spot, only to find that I had missed the main group.  It really was just sweltering outside today, and I ran a quick 7ish miles and headed home.

At home, I finalized details for a fabulous trip to San Francisco, had a big breakfast while I read the paper, and THEN, I took a nap.  Aaaahhhh, I love a nap!!!  Also, I read a good deal of my substitute book, Infinite Jest, while I anxiously await the return of my current book, Team of Rivals.  I am deeply missing Abraham Lincoln, but I am impressed with David Foster Wallace.

Pics of Ivan in his new and fabulous cape that my sister bought him!!!

No comments: