Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday: Swim and Zoo

Pouring rain, when we woke up this morning.  Just Pouring. Ivan and I made breakfast and my husband helped up begin the packing process to get to swim.  Just so you know, getting to swim requires enough baggage to get me around the world.  It is just insane.  I have to bring a shower kit, a towel, a change of clothes, goggles and cap and suit. PLUS, all my swim toys (flippers, buoy, and paddles).  PLUS, Ivan's diaper bag. Plus something to drink.  Plus, I have to wrangle Ivan.  So, today, as we were loading into the car for swim with raincoats, my husband packed a golf umbrella.  He wanted me to make sure to use the umbrella so Ivan did not get wet going into the gym.  With what hand was I going to hold the umbrella?
Needless to say, Ivan and I both got wet going into the gym.

Swam 3200 meters, but forgot to photograph the workout.  

After swim, our Friday zoo trip was calling and seems to be becoming a tradition very quickly.  Ivan loves it, though it is a grimy sweatfest.  

Pic of Ivan and I on the carousel.  Getting to bed early for run tomorrow!!

No comments: