Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday: Track Workout, Gilad and Yoga

So today, I got to track workout right on time and in a twist that made it all a bit more difficult, I had to bring all my stuff to take a shower at work, because I had to head to work straight from track practice.  SO, at 5:20 AM this morning found me staggering around, stuffing my hot rollers (aahhhh, hot rollers) into my gym bag, and packing up my laptop.  I still made it to practice reasonably on time, which makes me think I am getting faster about this getting out the door with all my stuff.  Or, as it turned out when I actually hit the shower, I just threw a bunch of stuff in the gym bag (some useful, some not) and left a bunch of important and unmentionable things at home.  

Track practice really didn't feel that bad today, which I was afraid to tell Mark Miller lest he think I needed to retool my track times.  Track workout as follows:

  • Warm up
    1 mile jog
    dynamic drills
    2 x 200 surges
     
    Workout
    400 (F) pace - plus :02    (followed by 150 walk / 250 jog )
    400 (F) pace - plus :02    (followed by 150 walk / 250 jog )
    400 (F) pace - plus :04    (followed by 150 walk / 250 jog )
    400 (F) pace - plus :04    (followed by 150 walk / 250 jog )  
    400 (F) pace - minus :02 (followed by 150 walk / 250 jog )
    400 (F) pace - all out  - run as fast as you can :-)
     
    Cooldown
    1 mile jog 


    So, I did dread getting back to the start line for each fast 400, but I think I ran my "all out" in like 1:21.  Afterwards, I headed to the car and hit Starbucks on the way into work.  I must say that I really enjoyed just heading into work, my Starbucks was great, and I got to take a shower alone in the work shower.  Now the work shower, was not as nice as the public shower at the lake, but probably nicer than the showers at the rec center.  I felt a little homeless, and I forgot a few integral parts of my apparel, BUT all in all it was a gas and time saving day to go straight from the track into work.  

    At home, I got in a Gilad workout and a really nice Yoga session before Ivan woke up from his nap.  I took Ivan to swim in the afternoon, and I talked a big game to my friend, Kennette, about how I was going to ride my trainer after dinner.  In a move that is Classic Betsy, however, I came home and went to Yogurt World (they had cheesecake yogurt tonight, which is just amazing when mixed with chocolate) and counted down the minutes until the new Rachel Zoe.  Oh Rachel Zoe, I know that you are too thin and you smoke too much and you are spending that sweet sweet Rodger into the poor house, but "lit-rally" I can't stop watching.  

2 comments:

caroline G said...

Literally, I feel a knife in my chest over Taylor. You don't even know. Literally, I die. Literally.

scott said...

Ok mine is Flipping Out on Bravo(new season), Living With Ed on Planet Green, Tony Bourdains No Reservations, Man V. Food, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, Dog the Bounty Hunter