Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday: Hair Product Follow Up




So, today, I was out of bed at a reasonable time. I had breakfast and fed the baby. I made it out for a run and back home to have a brief chat with my husband's grandmother before showering and heading out to Bible study. Bible study was good. Ivan entered the nursery a model of docility and behaved while he was there. He took a nap that was too brief and I did a Gilad workout before heading into work, which was also uneventful. I am quite dull, right?
Anyway, since I am so dull, I will take this moment to follow-up on my recent hair care products bonanza. So, with my credit at the Cosmetic Market, I bought some Molton Brown Defining Caju Hair Texture Cream, and two products by Fekkai and some Brilliant Glossing Cream Conditioner and some Salon Glaze.
Here is my review and advice for all you swimmers. Swimming is brutal on your hair. I have fine hair, and it is not very thick. It damages rather easily and I have been advised that I should not use any conditioning products that contain protein or wheat byproducts. These make my hair dry and brittle. Anyway, the Salon Glaze by Fekkai did not do much for my hair. Thank goodness I bought the sample size. The Brilliant Glossing conditioner was a good conditioner, but I did not notice that it changed my life or gave me hair like a shampoo commercial. I will put it in my pool bag and use it after swim. The Molton Brown Caju Cream is generally good as well. It is a good styling cream that did not dry my hair. I generally think that all Molton Brown products are good, and they have, hands down, the best smell.
After all my product experimentation, I have decided that my old system was best. Use any good shampoo, I prefer a phyto shampoo. They have lots of good ones. I am currently using phyto citrus which is a color preservative. Their conditioners are highly protein laced, so I avoid them. Then I use the Bumble and Bumble super-rich conditioner. I then use a great cream by Phyto, called Phyto 9. If my hair is not dry, and I need to hold style, I might use a bit of Phyto Mousse. If my hair is really dry, the BEST BEST thing I have found is the Nou Nou pack by Davines. Sometimes, in extreme cases, I will sleep in a swim cap while wearing the mask. Let me just tell you how sexually attractive that is. I am sure that my husband looks over at my neon baldness with revulsion and anger. Anyway, usually I just shampoo my hair and then put on the Nou Nou pack and wear the swim cap over it while I shave and such. It never fails to soften and revitalize my hair. So far, my hair is still past my shoulders in length, and I am going to stay the course.
So, to recap, the hair products you must have in your possession are:
  • A good shampoo by Phyto
  • Bumble and Bumble Super Rich Conditioner
  • Phyto 9 (conditioning cream)
  • Nou Nou Pack by Davines
These things will keep you from having to get a bob or some other sort of boy cut. Good luck to you, you chlorine beleaguered masses of vanity. I count myself in your number.

1 comment:

caroline G said...

I love that you sleep in a swim cap occasionally. You make me laugh. Not a bad idea!