Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday: Double Swim


Today, Ivan and I made it to the pool on time. I had my smoothie and tea in the car. We had to leave half an hour early from swim today to make a play date in the park, so it was integral to be diving in at 8:30 AM, so I could at least get in 2000 meters. Nick was there today so I had a swim partner. Workout as follows:
  • 200 swim/ 400 pull/ 200 swim
  • 4 x 200 swim @ 4:00
  • 4 x 50 drill
  • 4 x 100 @ 1:45
So, I got in 2200 and made it to the park on time. Ivan ran about. All the slides were boarded up, so there was no sliding, which was a disappointment, but it was overall a reasonable park experience. Ivan napped and did not eat his dinner of mini-corn dogs, meaning that I had no choice but to eat them myself. Crazy Delicious. Also, I had a cookie. So, it was not a stellar Superfoods day.
When Elliott got home, I headed out to swim number two. Workout as follows:
  • 300 warm-up
  • 8 x 75 (kick-drill-swim)
  • 20 x 25 swim with buoy
  • 4 x 200 ascending
  • 500 timed swim
So, it was a 2700 meter workout. I was expecting it to be a rather laid-back breast stroke off-season workout, but it was pretty intense. We had to dive into the pool for the start of the 500, and my dive is coming along, BUT, as per usual, I got flustered on the edge of the pool, belly-flopped, and knocked my goggles off, so that they filled with water. Because, I am ridiculous, I seriously fought to swim the 500 as fast as I could. I got clocked in the ear really hard while I was trying to pass someone, however, upon finishing, I had no idea how fast I swam it. Not the slightest idea. What was the point of all that, I ask myself. Must be better about knowing my times and such.
Watching The Onion Movie . I love reading The Onion. I have to say the movie is good, not great, but has a few clever moments. Armed Gunman is my favorite sketch. An appearance by Michael Bolton made me laugh out loud.
Hosting book club tomorrow night.

No comments: