Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday: Run and Swim


My day yesterday was too busy to blog. It seemed like I was on the run from 9:00AM to 8:30PM. I took running clothes into work, so that I could sneak in a quick few miles on the treadmill, and only got in a mile and a half, before my appointment arrived and I had to hop off the treadmill in mid-sweat. I was on the run all day.
Today, my work appointments were cancelled and I was able to get up early and run three miles without the jog stroller. So great. It was a quick run, and I am really proud of myself for getting up early. I was on the street at 6:15 AM. I had a great run, cooled down while I surfed the internet, and had a cup of tea. Then Ivan woke up, and we packed up to get into swim.
Swim was full of students off school for fall break getting in their last swim before Thanksgiving. It is always interesting to see the students who have been swimming their whole lives as they are completely fluid in the water in a way that is probably out of my realm at this point. Their butterfly strokes are perfect.
Our swim workout was great. NIck was there, and he kept us on interval. Workout as follows:
  • 200 swim/ 200 kick/ 200 IM drill
  • 8 x 50 kick @ 1:15
  • 3 x 200 pull @ 3:00
  • 6 x 150 (drill/swim)
  • 8 x 50 kick @ 1:15
  • 8 x 50 IM order @ 1:00
Really good workout. I sprinted home as I had a sitter for Ivan in the afternoon. I ran errands in an effort to get ready to go out of town with my parents. We left for Birmingham and had an easy trip with Ivan napping most of the way. Am getting ready for the Birmingham Turkey Trot tomorrow morning. Hopefully the 10K will take me less than 48 minutes!! Wish me luck!!

No comments: