Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday: Swim


Today, I woke up late as per usual and sprinted out the door with Ivan in tow. OF COURSE, there was some epic traffic snarl which put me to the pool LATE, though I left ON TIME, though I woke up LATE. I was on the edge of the pool at 8:50ish and was able to swim a 200 meter warm-up, before starting the workout, which is as follows:
  • 200 warm-up
  • 4 x 100 IM @ 2:00
  • 3 x 200 @ 3:45
  • 12 x 100 @ 1:45
  • 12 x 50 @ 1:00
Actually, I probably didn't get in all the 50's, which means it was like a 2700 meter workout. Generally, I feel like anything less that 3000 is a pittance, but I had no choice but to make do. I got Ivan from the nursery and headed home and meant to do many other things like run and do a Gilad workout, but no.
I vacuumed my new rug and got rid of the old rug, I did phone errands and worked my crossword puzzle. In the afternoon, I took Ivan in to the pool to practice his swimming. While Ivan has not lost any of his floating skills, he is currently a terror in the pool. As soon as he hits the water, his behavior plummets to what I would assume is the behavior of a pack of wild dogs when tossed the carcass of wildebeest. He takes toys from the other kids, he fights and sprints around the pool, he hurls himself into the pool nearly hitting his head. By the time I had tackled his slippery little body and dragged him from the premises, he was bleeding from his chin and had scraped up the tops of his feet and his knees and his his stomach from trying to get away from me and get back into the pool. He was not crying, but shouting angrily and waving his fists and no doubt uttering infant expletives.
At home, I decompressed took Ivan on a walk. In the evening, my parents brought me Moe's for dinner. Early to bed, as up early to run!!

No comments: