Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday: Sickness or Slacker


I went to bed at 10:30ish last night, and I got up at 11:30 this morning. Clearly, I am seriously ill or Ivan is staying with my parents. I did not feel great, but I woke up and was able to spend my afternoon knitting my cabled bolero. I knit my way through Away We Go. I recommend this if you are 30-something and expecting a baby and planning a road trip. It had Jim from The Office and this girl who was on Saturday Night Live. It was sweet and weird and made some good fun of breast feeding. So watch it, or maybe don't watch it if breast feeding and purposeless child having make you uncomfortable. I think breast feeding is great, an there is a relative purpose to my child rearing, so I found it to be a lovely film.
The soundtrack to the movie, however, was worth the watch. Alexi Murdoch is a new favorite of mine. The music in the movie was just great, and the music is both poignet and perfect for the film. So, I will be reading and listening to more about this artist.
After this I continued knitting and thought about getting ready for the party we had this afternoon. My friend, Linda van Auken had a birthday party that was hosted by her boyfriend, Marty. He has a lovely home and had everyone over for Linda's birthday. It was such a nice afternoon, and I have had a huge allotment of both kale and broccoli: a superfood triumph that I like to think negates my chocolate chip cookie intake. Surely it does. Why will I eat so many chocolate chip cookies? It is and inevitable failing of my willpower.
Anyway, I really did not feel great today, so I skipped swim and luxuriated in the slight possibility that I might have the H1N1. While this did not prevent me from having a fine time at Linda's party, it did prevent me from exercising today. I knitted up a cabled bolero storm and ate myself into an alternate chocolate chip cookie reality.
We were able to pick up Ivan after the party. We brought him home and shuffled him right into his Christmas footie pajamas. It's November, right?; the perfect time for Christmas pajamas with reindeer on the feet.
Currently, renewing my love of Arrested Development on IFC. So brilliant was the show that renewed my crush on Jason Batemen. It is the best show of all time, by the way. 30 Rock is a close second, but if you haven't watched Arrested Development, get started!!!! It will make you laugh out loud.

No comments: