Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday: Veteran's Day


So, today was Veterans day and the pool was closed, so there was no swim practice at all. I have been at home all day. Not once did I drive my car. So weird, right? I was somewhat insomniac last night, so I stayed up and read a good deal of my Pamela Digby Churchill Hayward Harriman book. She gets more horrifying with every page, and I just keep turning. Most likely it will be finished up tonight, and I can get started on The Elegance of the Hedgehog.
Anyway, because I stayed up so late reading, I overslept. This is a common occurrence. This time of year, however, I start to get stuck running later in the morning anyway, because, if I run too early, I worry that Ivan is too cold, and then I feel the guilt. THE GUILT wears me down. The birth of Ivan gave me a monster dose of THE GUILT. It hangs around my neck like an anvil if Ivan has been in his car seat too long or if he is cold or if his teeth chatter because I have let him play in the bath so long that the water has gone cold. For this reason, I got up later and had breakfast and tea to let the weather warm up, before loading Ivan into the stroller and getting in a 3.5 mile run at a fast clip. For the occasion, I loaded a great song by Owl City onto my shuffle called Fireflies (please click and listen). A new song on the shuffle is a huge boost to the morning run.
At home, I let Ivan run around the yard and climb and chase the cat, before we went into the house and Ivan took his nap. I lazed out and took a nap while he took a nap (I never do this, but it is a holiday). I managed to get in a Gilad workout, which was great, as I neglected it while convinced I had H1N1. When Ivan when down for nap number 2, one of my students came over to work on his freshwater perch lab for marine biology.
Ivan is officially down for the night and I am settling in to knit. Oh, what shall tomorrow hold?!

No comments: