Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday: Sloan Manor is Still Under Construction




Ivan stayed with my parents last night, which meant that I slept until 7:45 AM and still go to swim on time. THRILLING. I had a smoothie and some tea in the car. At swim, Jaime and Annie were there, which was lots of fun. There was lots of kicking and talking. Workout as follows:
  • 300 swim/ 200 pull/ 300 swim
  • 4 x 25 IM @ 0:35
  • 2 x 25 kick @ 0:35
  • 4 x 50 swim IM order @ 0:55
  • 2 x 50 kick @ 1:05
  • 2 x 75 swim (back/ breast/ free) @ 1:15
  • 100 kick @ 2:10
  • 2 x 100 IM
  • 200 freestyle @ 3:00
  • 50 swim

So, the workout was not all that long, but I did get to work on my butterfly. I took a really long shower afterwards and got ready to head out and pick up petit-fours for the wedding shower that I am throwing for my babysitter tomorrow. That done, I went to Party City to get napkins and such. On the way to my parents house, Mom called and told me to pick up lunch because she did not have any good food in the house. Suggestions like this are all I need to send me running to a fast food establishment. I pulled right into Wendy's and ordered a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with fries. Why is a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger so delicious? It is hands down my all time favorite fast-food burger.
At home, Ivan and I had a three mile run during which Ivan screamed angrily for most of the time. He screamed angrily because he is decidedly in a balloon phase. Early in the run, Ivan saw a hot air balloon and was furious with me for not running straight for it as the crow flies. As long as the jog stroller was not headed straight at the balloon, Ivan was screaming.
At home, Elliott came home with a sod-cutter and began a massive yard project at 6:30. The decible level was intense and I hurt for our neighbors that the Sloans like to start their yard projects at dinner-time. I guess it is better than 6:30 AM on a Saturday. Anyway, Elliott is leveling out huge parts of our yard so that it will all be even and we can assemble a cobblestone sidewalk and a fire pit. Will Sloan Manor every be finished?

No comments: