Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday: I Was Given the Ditch by Hop the Visiting Swimmer


Ivan and I were up at a reasonable time this morning and were out the door to swim at 8:04 AM. I dropped Ivan at the nursery and was positioning myself to dive in at 8:33 AM. I was pretty thrilled with myself. NOW, the reason I got there early was because Hop the Visiting Swimmer swam with us on Friday and had promised to swim with us today (Monday). He was totally hard driving, and I got in a tad late and still swam 3700 meters with time to spare. So, as you can imagine, I was pretty psyched that Hop was going to swim with us today. I just knew I would get in 4000 meters. Anyway, VERY DISAPPOINTING, I arrived at the pool to find that Hop had taken up with another swimmer (a very competitive woman swimmer, who is so competitive that she does not swim with us) and was just freestyling his little heart out with her.
I was crushed. It is so nice to have someone to swim with, who pushes you just a little bit, but against whom you can be slightly competitive while swimming. Anyway, just to show Hop, who totally ignored us (though I felt personally ignored), I got in on time and swam on interval the whole workout. I was a lone soldier marching on through my disappointment. Anyway, I ended up with about 3500 meters, which is reasonable. Work out as follows:
  • 200 swim/ 200 pull/ 4 x 75 kick-drill-swim
  • 4 x 150 swim-drill-swim
  • 4 x 100 kick @ 2:15
  • 4 x 150 @ 3:00
  • 4 x 125 @ 2:30
  • 4 x 100 1:45
  • 4 x 75 @ 1:30
  • 4 x 50 @ 1:00
So, it was a good workout and a hard workout. I was starving when I got home and made the very poor choice of eating Ivan's uneaten mini-corndogs. Why is a corndog so delicious?
I then put Ivan down for a nap and did all kinds of phone errands like booking a doctor's appointments. I also cleaned and worked on reports. Ivan woke up way too soon and way too grumpy, so for work today, I had to pack up and park myself at the Starbucks to get anything accomplished. I ordered my decaf soy latte (this is the ONLY coffee drink I EVER get at Starbucks) and sat down to work. At the Starbucks in Cool Springs, you have to PAY for the internet. Was my overpriced coffee beverage not enough for you, Starbucks? Really?
So, I could only get half of my work finished based on my refusal to use their internet on the PRINCIPLE OF THE THING. When I talked to my brother on the way home, he encouraged me to always go to Krystal to work. The internet is always free and you can always get a Dr. Pepper. I will take his advice from now on. I will not be duped again by you, Starbucks. Anyway, I made Chris Carmichael's health Salmon Penne Alfredo recipe, one of my favorites, and had a mini-pack of peanut m&m's to melt away the cares of the day.

No comments: