Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday: Swim, Run and Gilad

This morning, in a miraculous feat of punctuality, Ivan and I arrived at the pool on time.  It took getting up 20 minutes earlier and filling up Ivan's drinks and behaving purposefully as opposed to meandering around the house in my Uggs and sipping tea, like I do.  I was a new woman today though, I strode from bed with a purpose and I accomplished things.  While I thoroughly enjoy wasting a copious amount of time in the morning, it inevitably leads to needless swim lateness.  I have to acknowledge it and move forward.

So, my promptness was greeted with shock and awe at the pool, and then I dropped 4000 meters of good swimming before hitting the showers.  Workout as follows:

  • 400 swim
  • 200 kick
  • 4 x 50 breast drill
  • 4 x 25 breast
  • 4 x 50 fly drill
  • 4 x 50 fly swim
  • 3 x 100 descend @ 1:45
  • 1 x 200 build and minute rest
  • 3 x 100 swim @ 1:45
  • 1 x 200 build and one minute rest
  • 600 pull
  • 8 x 50 IM
  • 8 x 25 
  • 600 kick
That is the whole workout, friends.  All of it.  

At home, I got in a Gilad workout and set myself up for a day of house renovation tomorrow.   I plan to engage in a marathon paint endeavor that will be finished in 6 hours while I listen to Mountains Beyond Mountains: Healing the World: The Quest of Paul Farmer, by Tracy Kidder.  It is pretty fascinating and a whole new level of thoughtless altruism and selflessness that I has made quite an impression on me.  

Anyway, after Ivan woke up from his nap, I loaded him into the jog stroller and got in a quick three mile run.  NOW, I have not run with Ivan in the jog stroller in a good while, and he is becoming jog stroller inappropriate.  He griped the majority of the way about wanting to go home, get out, stop, ect, ect, ect. He finally stuck his little sock feet out and tried to stop the jog stroller wheel.  

I was always afraid it would come to this, but I am truly concerned that I will have no choice but to run in the wee hours of the morning while the iron willed toddler is sleeping.  

Cheers to my painting project!!

No comments: