Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday: Abysmal Training and Much Regret

So last night was troublesome sleeping, and I ended up staying up late immersed in Team of Rivals.  Team of Rivals by the way, is just amazing.  It is such a long book, but every page just lends more to how amazing Abraham Lincoln really was.  When I finally settled into sleep, it was just too lat to then get up at 5:00 AM to run.  I always feel rather guilty when this happens, but it happens sometimes and I just can't berate myself for flaking on the run.  I ran six miles on my own in the afternoon and it was a nice run.  I am just past the point where I can run too much over six miles alone.  So dull.

I slept until 7:30 AM, and it was really nice.  I needlepointed a bit and played with Ivan.

Now, the source of my deep regret today was Ivan's eating choice last night.  Ivan, as a general rule, eats nothing.  I am consistently surprised that he does not collapse from malnourishment.  Whereas I sometimes have to take things outside and throw them across the fence to keep myself from eating them, Ivan will sit beside any variety of foodstuffs and never express interest.  It is a big accomplishment if I can get him to drink some milk or eat a bite of toast.  Anyway, we have a ton of Activia yogurt at the house for reasons of never you mind, and Ivan is having a love affair with it.  Last night, he ate four cups.  After we finished dinner, of which Ivan ate little to none, he became very interested in yogurt.  He could open it by himself, eat it by himself with a little spoon, and he was VERY pleased.  So it seemed like a great idea last night that he was eating such a healthy snack.

Anyway, today has been quite regrettable as there has been much time spent in changing very unfortunate diapers.  It was even necessary to run screaming from the dinner table at the Local Taco tonight to manage a bit of diaper drama.  So, in retrospect, it seems quite unwise to have allowed so much of that particular healthy snack.  Lesson Learned.

Now, we had dinner at the Local Taco and let me tell you it was delicious.  I had a beet salad that had big fat roasted beets sliced thickly and covered with crushed pumpkin seeds and spread in between with goat cheese. AMAZING and beyond good for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

screaming LOL!

Bets said...

It was my own fault

scott said...

oh beets and pumpkin seeds and activa will do it everytime. I have to go now