Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday: Swim and Gilad

This morning, Ivan and I got out the door to swim on time, but I didn't get in my anticipated run.  I am having to get out of bed and drink a bit of milk and a Grab the Gold Bar to settle my stomach, and by the time I do that Ivan is up and the root of the matter is that I need to get up earlier.  That is always the issue.

Anyway, we did get to swim on time and I did not photograph the workout, so I can only remember a bit of it.  I think I did the following:


  • 200 warmup
  • 8 x 50 swim/drill
  • 6 x 25 half fast/half easy
  • 6 x 25 half easy/half fast
  • 8 x 50 IM
  • 4 x 25 IM
  • 200 IM
  • 4 x 200 swim
  • 100 swim
I think we swam 3000, so I am leaving something out, but I am not sure what.  

After swim, I got to the nursery where I discovered that Ivan had had an accident and had had to change into the only extra clothes I had packed for him - a pair of camo pants.  So I took a topless baby in camo pants to Walmart, where we fit right in.  I bought some pre-natal vitamins and a bunch of things that I thought might be appetizing if I didn't feel so nauseous.  I bought some baby quiche, a burrito, a mayan bake ( I mean, I don't even know what that is) and some hummus and chips, a bunch of apples and some eggs and sausage.  Anyway, none of it is very appetizing and I have been nibbling at corn chips and drinking milk.  

This afternoon,  I got in a Gilad workout, and hopefully will be up to run tomorrow.

My current marathon plan is this.  18 milers on Saturdays, 6 mile tempo runs on Thursdays, a few runs in between and hope for the best on December 11th.  

No comments: