Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday: Run, Yoga, and A GRAVE CONCERN

Today was one of those violently rainy days that left me looking for tiny opportunities to pop out and run.  I got Ivan off to nursery school in the rain, I got to Bible study in the rain, I picked up Ivan in the rain, and we came home in the pounding rain.  When we finally had a bit of respite, I was able to encourage Ivan into the jog stroller and get in a good run while Ivan watched The Wizard of Oz on a portable DVD player in the jog stroller.  I think that the portable DVD player has changed my life and made both long car trips and jog stroller outings endurable.  I ran my full 3.4 mile course today without any opposition or complaint.

Now, I am not a proponent of allowing children to languish in front of portable viewing devices all day long, but Ivan's movie time today allowed me to get in a good run on a rainy day, and I can really only congratulate myself.

Anyway, after our run, Ivan hit the largest mud puddle outside of our fencerow, and engaged in a significant amount of splashing until it got too cold for anyone to be outside.  Inside, Ivan and I got in a Yoga session and dinner before settling Ivan in for a nice early bedtime.

Onto my grave concern which is that having had a sicky stomach, I have LOST ALL DESIRE FOR YOGURT WORLD.  I am greatly concerned about this.  For one, could the loss of revenue from me cause what looks to be a business that is not doing all that well to flounder.  Should I contact Yogurt World and explain to them my dilemma?  Tell them to just hang on for 5 more weeks until supposedly my sicky stomach will disappear; ask if I may make a small donation to keep the doors open until my triumphant return to high caloric intake; with missionary zeal, encourage others to frequent Yogurt World to make up for my absence.  I am not sure how best to address the situation.  I tried Sweet Cece's a couple of weeks, and I will just be honest when I tell you that the texture of their sprinkles is not to my taste.  I need Yogurt World to thrive.

Also, on the front of finding things that I have lost: I located my What to Expect When You Are Expecting book.  It was in my husband's bedside table for reasons that I cannot fathom, and I am please to have it located.

Finally, am watching The Remains of the Day, which is after the book of the same name by Kazuro Ishiguro, which our book club is reading this month.  I have not started the book, but the movie is so so good!!!

Swim tomorrow!!

No comments: