Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday: Swim and a Cold

New Needlepoint project
I don't know how often you walk the "should I workout when I am sick?" line, but it is the way that I always walk sickness.  For instance, this morning, I woke up with a sore throat and tonsils, but I didn't feel terribly ill otherwise, so do I swim or no?  I gargled with hot salt water and moped around making my decision.  I finally decided that it was better to go to swim that mope around the house drinking tea and sucking on cough drops, and Ivan usually needs an outing.  So, off we went to swim with my throat feeling much better, and I was quite glad that I had gone to swim after it was all over.  Swim generally always makes me feel better.  The workout was sort of a killer though:
Current Needlepoint Project
  • 600 swim
  • 3 x 100 @ 1:45
  • 4 x 50 @ :40
  • 6 x 25 @ :30
  • 3 x 100 @ 1:45
  • 4 x 50 @ :40
  • 6 x 25 @ :30
  • 300 swim
  • 300 kick
This is really only 2500 meters and I did get there late and I was sort of sicky and  I just am not judging myself on this particular thing today.  Now on the way home, I had to run by the needlepoint shop (Nashville Needleworks), to pick up the new beautiful needlepoint that I am going to begin working on after I finish the egg basket needlepoint that used to belong to my grandma.  It was very exciting until I had to run out of there like the place was on fire when Ivan started unraveling spools of yarn.  

It is the current story of my life, and instead of spending time on needlepoint, I should be spending time reading books about strong willed children and how to dole out consequences in a society where it is inappropriate to wale on your child in public.  

Anyway, in light of my sickness, I spent the rest of the day involved in household tasks and a little hardcore egg basket needlepointing. For dinner, I fell off the wagon of health and had two slices of cheddar cheese and some sesame corn chips.  No Yogurt World all week.  

No comments: