Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday: Run

Now this morning was just lovely, as my running group decided to run at 7:00 AM.  It was not too cold and I was able to sleep quite late for me on a Saturday morning.  I had a nice bowl of oatmeal and a big cup of tea and made my way to the park.  We ran to Radnor Lake and, which is around a 13 mile run.  I actually had some trouble hanging with the group as I am in the early stages of pregnancy and had to stop and use the restroom umpteen times as will happen.

I have to say that the bathroom thing is one of the most frustrating things about the early stages of pregnancy as anytime you get in a good groove, whether is be sleeping, running, reading or needlepointing or working.  There is nothing you can make it all the way through.  There is just so much slinking off to the bathroom.  This is why swimming is really the best workout while pregnant, for reasons that you don't even want to think about, but probably make you really glad for chlorine.

There is some sort of Garmin website meltdown today, so I am not able to post my mile splits and what not.  I am officially in the Huntsville Rocket City Marathon, so I am hoping to run 3:30ish and maintain my Boston Qualifying time.  Now the thing with Boston is that it has gotten quite choosy and they are not allowing for medical deferments and you have to run Boston within 18 months of qualifying for it.  So, it would be good to go ahead and qualify for Boston so that I could plan a fun trip post-baby to go back to Boston.  I only have to maintain 8 minute miles to run a 3:30 marathon, so that should be doable 6 weeks from now on December 11th.

Run was great and I came home and took a monster nap. before heading in for a brief wedding party and then settling in for the night!!!

2 comments:

scott said...

Ms. Sloan are you saying that you pee in pools?

Anonymous said...

remind me not to swim in the pool with you...