Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday: Day Off

Sheep Coat Love Affair!!!
So today was my day off, and as is coming to to be the hallmark of my days off, I ran at a dead sprint and drove like an indy car racer to get everything accomplished.  I somehow missed a dental appointment, and I still seem to have a cold and a stack of things to attend to tomorrow.  How does that kind of busy happen.

I blame traffic for my missed dental appointment and a lab technician that wanted to take an early lunch for casting a pall over the type of day that could have had every minute used to its fullest potential.  Now the most exciting thing that happened today was that we had Matt come out and look at our stonework problem in the front yard.  We have a long unfinished patio project that we are calling in professionals to help us fix.  Matt came from Natchez Stone Company and walked about diagnosing the situation like a physician while I hung on his every word.  In the end, Matt said that the stone situation could be remedied in about half a day and he was going to send us and estimate.

Matt is the only person who has looked at the stone drama and said this.  Every other observer and studier of the stonework situation has turned away in fear and loathing at our incompetence, so Matt was a huge relief.  I kind of wanted to give him some sort of present or gift or dance a jig in appreciation of his promise to sort this business of rocks and gravel and huge stone and little stones and metal framing and mud out into a yard that would look "finished" as he said.  This did make me feel that quite possibly Matt thinks that we are squatting in some half accomplished pipe dream.  Under the circumstances, however, Matt can feel free to think whatever he wants so long as we can fix this situation.

I will not post any before pics of the stone train wreck as it is not a bane of my existence that I want to visually memorialize, BUT just you wait until it is finished!!!

Swim tomorrow!!  Oh, and I am freed from book adultery and reunited with Abraham Lincoln and Team of Rivals

No comments: