Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday: Swim

So this morning, I was not quite on time for swim, but I arrived not too long after class started.  It was a pretty sparse crowd because it is fall break and everyone is out of town.  My only swim partner was John Maple and he has been out of the pool for a good bit.  I really only swam about 3000 meters which was one part lateness, one part short interval workout and one part I got out early.  Also, Stephen spent a bit of time with me working on my abysmal back stroke.  I think my backstroke got a little better, but it is so hard to remember the whole bent arm in the water/ straight arm out of the water business.

Workout as follows:

  • 400 free
  • 300 kick
  • 8 x 25 fast @ :40
  • 6 x 50 fast @ 1:10
  • 6 x 75 kick/ drill/ swim
  • 2 x 300 pull with 30 seconds rest
  • 6 x 25 fly kick/ drill/swim
  • 6 x 25 back @ :40
  • 200 kick
So, this was 3000ish meters and that is a reasonable workout, and a little backstroke work is always good for me.  

When I went to the nursery, Ivan had had a wardrobe malfunction and was walking about in a pair of rubber boots and his diaper.  We had to make a grocery stop, so we had a real red-neck baby vibe while shopping, but we pulled through.

Forgot to take pic of sheep suit.  Will be there tomorrow!!

No comments: