Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday: Great Run and New Juicer Acquisition

So while I am pregnant and marathon training, I feel like I am just pregnant and still working out a bit.  Sleep is taking huge morning precedence, and I am just going with it.  My thought is just to get the run in, it may not happen at 6:00 AM in the morning, it may have to happen before dinner with Ivan in the jog stroller watching The Wizard Of Oz on the portable DVD player.  That is what happened today, and I got in a longer run and I actually felt pretty fast as I was sprinting against nightfall in a reflective vest and I actually need to be wearing blinky lights if I am going to do this on a regular basis, which I probably am.

Anyway, my morning was hectic as it is no easy task getting yourself ready for work and then trying to hustle a two-year-old into overalls so he can be a farmer at nursery school.  I was able to get Ivan dressed, I feel like he maybe had some breakfast, but I am not completely certain.  Surely, he was fed at some point.

Ivan and I made it to nursery school reasonably on time, before I sprinted into my office to do some testing.  After testing, I grabbed a sandwich for lunch before tearing over to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get the Jack Lelanne juicer that I determined to be the best bang for my buck.  I was able to walk in and walk out with my juicer in about 5 minutes.  It was the last one in stock, and I was really pleased that I did not have to let all my juicing vegetables go to waste.

So, at home we had visitors and then I settled into juicing with the new juicer.  I have to say, my 35 year old juicer, whom I laid to rest last night, was a great juicer. I am not completely sure that this Jack Lelanne business is getting the most juice out of my vegetables.  It is easier to clean, which means a lot.  So, I will work with ole Jack Lelanne a bit longer.

Hit a book club in the evening and hitting swim in the AM!!!

No comments: