Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday: Day Off

Tuesday is becoming my pretty consistent off day, and I will have to say that today was pretty rugged.  I have watched both Clash of the Titans and Percy Jackson and the Olympians recently, and I was beginning to think that someone thought I had stolen the lightening, and I will admit that one particular trial did elicit a response in me that was, I fear, akin to the release of the Kraken.
Here were my trials:

  1. While painting Ivan's bathroom (Benjamin Moore - Acorn), I was lifting the full paint can and it somehow leapt from my hand and exploded all over the bathroom (mostly in the bathtub, luckily).  SO, instead of painting the ceiling a lovely shade of blue, I spent one hour cleaning up the horrendous mess and I hope that the grout in my bathrooms will one day recover. This was the trial that elicited the release of the Kraken response.  
  2. I picked Ivan up after nursery school to run errands and when we parked the car at the first errand, my release latch would not work.  I could not exit the car, and it finally came down to a Dukes of Hazzard style escape or crawling over the console to get out on the passenger side.  I chose the latter, and I really had only very nasty things to think about my car as I was crawling out of the passenger side. It is not even remotely easy to crawl out of a car through the passenger side, I had to do a veritable chin up on the steering wheel just to hoist myself to the passenger side.  Then, after I let myself out of the passenger side door, I had to walk ALL THE WAY around the car with the key (because my clicker battery has died and I am having to lock the doors manually LIKE A CAVEMAN).  It was just the most frustrating thing that has happened to me in years, and it has sort of ruined me in that I now cannot take my throne chairs to be recovered as they won't fit in the spare car that I am driving while my car is in the shop.  
  3. The third trial actually made my heart palpitate.  I pulled in to Yogurt World for usual Tuesday night double punch and THEY WERE CLOSED.  They have changed the hours without calling me personally, and I am bitter like someone living on the other side of the Berlin wall.  Now, in their defense, I did bang on the door and the machines were still on and they let me come in and get my usual birthday cake yogurt mixed with cookies n'cream yogurt with an inordinate amount of sprinkles.  I forgive them, but they have put a kink in my schedule, and it just wasn't the day for it.  


No comments: