Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday: Run and Swim

Today in a move of brilliant punctuality, I got up and ran before swim AND parked in the gym parking lot at 8:14 AM.  This, despite the fact that I spilled my tea in the car seat without noticing and then sat in it, so that my rear end was all wet. I feel like I have really turned over a new leaf, and it is pretty thrilling.  I got in 3700 meters and worked on all my strokes.  Now my run was pretty pitiful.  I don't even think it was three miles, and I was miserably overdressed because it just a lot warmer than I thought.  The point of the run, however, is not the length or the temperature, but that I dragged myself out of the bed and hit the road before swim.  The mere fact that I have done it once means that there is a long road of getting up early to run before swim ahead of me.

Swim Workout as follows:

  • 400 free
  • 400 kick
  • 6 x 50 double arm backstroke drill
  • 4 x 75 IM order
  • 8 x 25 IM order
  • 2 x 100 IM
  • 400 pull
  • 300 pull
  • 200 pull
  • 100 pull
  • 8 x 25 half fast/ half easy
  • 4 x 25 fast
  • 600 pull
Such a great swim and it was all finished when I rolled back into the house mid-morning.  Now, if I could get it together to do a Gilad workout after my run, but before I left for swim, I would be golden.  That has happened for me once, and it is a brief shining moment in the history of my workouts.  It has never happened again.  

Tomorrow is Thursday and at the end of the day I plan to be finished painting.  Just a couple of ceilings tomorrow and some trim touch ups.  THEN, I can start the bathroom shower curtain sewing projects.

No comments: