Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday: Aaahh Mondays

Every once in a while, my personal life stops me in my tracks and this morning was one of those mornings.  I had my bags packed, and it was going to be the day that I made it to swim on time.  Anyway, when you personal life holds you up, you just have to go with it, and then of course Ivan dumped his smoothie upside down in the car, and it was Monday as usual.  

I managed to clean the car up with a couple of wet wipes and a hoard of dirty fast food napkins got to the pool late and just had to accept the situation.  I was finally on the pool deck at 9:00 AM, A FULL 30 MINUTES LATE.  If swimming were my job, I would have been fired two years ago, just so you know.

I was pretty slow in the water today and there was lots of IMing and fast swimming, so it wasn't my greatest practice.  Workout as follows:


  • 100 warmup
  • 3 x 50 swim @ 500 pace
  • 500 swim
  • 50 easy
  • 3 x 50 swim @ 500 pace
  • 500 swim
  • 50 easy
  • 8 x 75 IM
  • 12 x 25 IM
  • 200 swim
So it was a 2700 meter swim, which is actually a lot more swim that I thought I got in.  So good for me and here's to hoping for punctuality on Wednesday.

At home, I had a friend come over and help me with bathroom makeovers, and I am pretty excited about it.  Floor to ceiling shower curtains and tiny chandeliers, and some lovely Benjamin Moore Colors, acorn walls and a saddle tan ceiling.  Thrilling!!  Sometimes I wonder if Benjamin Moore is a real person, and if so, I think he and I could spend lovely evenings discussing color palettes like baked pretzel and havana tan while we played lively games of chess in my dream life.  In my real life, however, I don't play chess and I don't really like games.  

Watching A Single Man, Tom Ford's directorial debut and let me tell you, it is a visual FEAST!!!!  

No comments: