Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday: Day Off

Today was my day off, and I had lunch at Zumi Sushi.   I have eaten out at two new hotspots in the last four days, and I am feeling pretty fancy.   Burger Up  on Saturday night was a culinary delight and Zumi Sushi was maybe my favorite sushi in the Nashville area.  I ordered a Great Flood roll and it was avocado, salmon and asparagus, which is pretty mainstream for sushi BUT it came with a lemon sauce that was crazy delicious.  In fact, now that I think about it, it was a little like an extra lemony hollandaise sauce.  Who would have thought it?  And maybe Hollandaise is one of those things that is good on everything, sort of how "cheese is good on everything" and "anything you fry tastes good", but it was my first experience with hollandaise as universal solvent to the taste of food and I am a believer.

In other news, I am planning to be on time to swim this morning.  I have pre-packed all of Ivan's drinks and snacks, and I find preparation to be my best defense against tardiness.  Will let you know how it goes.

No comments: