Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday: Swim


Now this morning, I had family obligations and it was not an option to go to 8:30 AM swim. This left me feeling disgruntled and incomplete, but some days you have no choice. So, today, we headed up to Springfield for a day trip, Ivan had no nap, and that always makes him more irritable than I realize a toddler can be. It made for a rather rugged afternoon.

Finally back at home, I took Ivan to swim, and he spent all afternoon hurling himself from the diving board.

I picked up dinner on the way home and ate quickly before heading into evening swim. Evening swim is more intense than morning swim. There are more people in the lane and you really have to fight for your position in the lane. Everyone sticks to the interval, and I worked harder in the pool than I have worked in a long time tonight. Workout as follows:

  • 300 warmup
  • 4 x 25 kick drill
  • 100 swim
  • 4 x 25 kick drill
  • 100 swim
  • 4 x 75 sprint
  • 400 pull with paddles
  • 4 x 75 sprint
  • 400 pull without paddles
  • 4 x 75 sprint
  • 400 pull without paddles
  • 50 swim
It was a great workout. Now, normally I take a Pure Barre class on Thursday mornings, but my accountability partner is out of town, so it might not happen. But maybe, I did put my special Pure Barre socks in my bag.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Evening swimming is more loving than day swimmings. But it is also true that there are more people for swimming as well in evening. I am giving swim lessons in morning sessions. Sometimes it gets too hot to swim in water.