Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday: Swim for Me and Swim for Ivan


So this morning, my summer did not get off to the start I planned. I stayed up too late reading the final installment of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. It is gripping. GRIPPING.
Anyway, I was up a bit late and rolled out of bed at such a time that I had to rush about say the word "hurry" about 20 times. I actually made it to swim on time with Ivan in tow. Our workout was pretty strait forward, but our numbers were low today, so I did the workout mostly alone. I swam the intervals quite slowly and I endeavored to take today easy after my fickle sickness over the weekend. Workout as follows:
  • 200 swim
  • 200 kick
  • 200 IM
  • 200 swim
  • 12 x 50 (fast/slow)
  • 3x 100 IM
  • 5 x 200 pull
This was 2700 meters in all. I swam slowly and it felt fine, but I was ravenous when I finished. Luckily I was packing a trusty Grab the Gold bar which prevented me from speeding through a drive through. Also, I swam long course today, so I swammeters. 2700 meters is equivalent to 2953 yards. So, I swam a bit farther than I thought.

From the pool, I rushed Ivan to his first swimming lesson of the summer season. He loved it and he swam himself silly. He did some diving and resting and was loath to leave. Video Above.

After Ivan commenced napping, I commenced working on a mound of paperwork. Quite dull.
Tomorrow, I begin my first summer speed session, and guess what? Thursday is going to be my day off with no cardio. I will take an early morning strength training class and that is it!!!
I need my day off.

No comments: