Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday: Again with the Traveling with a Child


So this morning, I got in a last open water swim before leaving the lake. I somehow punched out one of my goggle lens, and it took me several minutes to ferret out the reason that my goggles wouldn't suction to my face and why my goggles were full of water. I had to make a rogue pit stop on a foreign dock to fix the situation and after I did, the swim was lovely. I am actually really bummed that I do not get to swim open water tomorrow. Tomorrow, I have to go to track practice and it is going to be terribly hot, I have not had a decent run in a week and tomorrow could be the day that I vomit on the track. It could be me.

Anyway, the rest of my day was rugged. We have foolishly put off investing in a portable DVD player, and all I had to offer Ivan were tootsie pops and gum on the long trip home. We finally had to stop at a McDonald's play place, which I swore I would never do again and there is no question that the portable DVD player is my next investment. No question.I could have popped in The Fantastic Mr. Fox, and made my life 1000 times easier.

No comments: