Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


My husband brought home a magazine called Healthy Cooking several weeks ago, and it has been collecting dust on various coffee tables, end tables and kitchen counters since then. There are several great looking recipes that I have not really thought hard enough about making. It so happened that after church on Sunday, I noticed that we had all the ingredients for the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. The cookies were crazy delicious; I mean just exceptionally good. Recipe as follows:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs (I used egg beaters)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (but I think I used more)
  1. melt butter and peanut butter together over medium low heat
  2. Take butter mixture off burner and transfer to mixing bowl
  3. Stir in the rest of the ingredients
  4. Cover and refrigerate for two hours
  5. Bake for 6 minutes at 350 degrees
  6. Cool on wire racks

No comments: