Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday: Pure Barre and Run


This morning, I was up promptly at 5:20 AM to go to the 6:00 AM Pure Barre class. I have had no choice but to resort to drastic measures and book classes and such to get my out of bed before six. If I can get everything done by 7:30 AM-ish, I can accomplish the rest of the day. All the things that need to happen, can get done after I have had a shower. I swear, I spent most days last summer in my running shorts, hating myself for not getting it together in time to shower and dress like someone who had some pride in their physical appearance.

Today, I was finished with my resistance workout and run by 7:30. I was pretty proud of myself. Pure Barre was easier today, though I still had to take a few breaks to make it all the way through the class. Now, I think that taking the 6:00 AM class is beneficial because there are only a few people there and you get lots of one-on-one attention. There is no cheating. My muscles were shaking, but I had a bit more control over the whole situation because I bought Pure Barre Socks today.

It is more than nerdy to buy special Pure Socks. They say Pure Barre across the toes and they have little rubber circles all over the bottom so that your feet can't slide during the various poses. They really do make a difference, and I guess if I am making a summer commitment, I need to have the gear.

My run after Pure Barre was not my best, but it was good cardio, and it was over in three miles. In a way, I feel like I need to be running every chance I get to try to get used to the humidity. It seems I'm still a few weeks out from being completely used to it.

Had a great lunch and swim with Ivan in the afternoon and got to go to the grocery by myself. It doesn't get any better than that!!!


No comments: