Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday: Swim and Thwarted by Rain


I am noticing that something is happening to me. I don't know if it is old age, a deeper sense of personal organization or just that I am super lazy in the afternoons. BUT, more and more it is seeming that if I don't get the workouts in in the morning, it just doesn't happen. I was up at 6:30 AM this morning with the intention of running before swim, but it was thundering and lightning and raining pretty hard. So, I had in my head that I would run this evening with the jog stroller, but according to my new philosophy of getting everything done in the morning, that just isn't going to happen. It didn't happen this morning, so I am letting it go. I AM JUST LETTING IT GO.

Swim was great. Nick (the nicest person in the ENTIRE world, yet my swim nemesis) was there. We really challenged each other on our intervals and also had the opportunity to discuss Food, Inc. This is a movie that I watched last night, and I feel that it has profoundly impacted the way that I look at food. Nick orders all his meats from a farmer outside of Glasgow, Kentucky named Weldon. I may be contacting Weldon in the near future, as will you if you watch Food, Inc. Put it on your Netflix cue. Please tell me you have a Netflix cue.

Swim workout as follows:
  • 100 warmup
  • 200 kick/200 pull/ 200 swim
  • 2 x 50 swim
  • 6 x 50 fast/slow
  • 2 x 50 swim
  • 6 x 50 fast/slow
  • 300 kick
  • 600 pull
  • 100 swim
  • 400 IM swim
This was 2900 meters, and it was hard work. When Nick is at swim, there is some competition, so I am tired out when we leave. Also, I was late today, so I had to move into the public lanes to complete the whole workout.

Oh, and in very thrilling news, there is a new nursery worker that Ivan just loves. She is so sweet and has a Minnie Mouse voice, and Ivan specifically brought the purring cat that he got in his happy meal to show her today. When I left him, he was blissfully happy. There is no way to convey to you how lovely it is to leave your child with someone whom your child is truly happy.
Ivan had a swimming lesson that was just fantastic. I have been practicing with him so much that he is a two year old swim prodigy, and it is so funny when we take him to swim and he is all over it. I swear, he is about to start swimming laps and diving.

At home, I finished up some paper work and made some mediocre Indian food. Pure Barre tomorrow morning, and then I am taking the rest of the day off!!!

Pic of me diving in. Isn't it so national geographic/ LIFE worthy. Steven, my swim coach, took it accidentally.

No comments: