Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday: Run, Swim and I meant to do a Pure Barre Video, but I took a nap


Ivan was up and at 'em this morning at 5:30 AM. I was planning on having the opportunity to sleep slightly later since, I was up brutally early yesterday and was up a little later than was necessary last night. Also, I am harboring residual tiredness from a week of vacationing with a two-year-old. The wake up call was brutal.

It was so brutal that I felt like I was staggering around. I lost count of the scoops of coffee as I was putting them in the coffee maker and it took me an inordinate amount of time to locate the remote and turn on The Wiggles for Ivan. All my pistons weren't firing.

I went for a run, to try and jog my mind into working right. I had a huge smoothie for breakfast, two cups of green tea and a cup of coffee and was still feeling so out of it that I showed up at swim in my old Dansko clogs that I wear around the house for the arch support. It looked pretty ridiculous to have on the clogs with my bathing suit, and I had forgotten to bring a spare bathing suit for Ivan's swim lesson, so I had to wear my wet bathing suit and my huge clogs and towel to Ivan's swim lesson. This is me without sleep: a bikini, clogs and a wet towel. When I got to the nursery to pick Ivan up, he had wet through his little clothes and he was wearing a diaper and his shoes, so we walked out together, hand in hand, IN PUBLIC, with me in my clogs, bikini and towel and Ivan in a diaper.

Anyway, swim workout was great!!! We swam 3100 meters or 3300 yards:
  • 400 swim
  • 200 kick
  • 3 x 100 IM
  • 300 pull
  • 3 x 200 swim
  • 300 pull
  • 6 x 50 (fast/slow)
  • 300 pull
  • 400 kick
So, this was a great workout, and I headed home after Ivan's swim practice, before taking the best nap ever. I rarely get to nap, BUT if I do get to nap, it is in the summer.


1 comment:

caroline G said...

I love that picture of Ivan. What a cutie!