Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday: Swim, Pure Barre and We Are Heading to the Eye of the Exhaustion Storm

At this point, Ivan has woken up before 6:00 AM and at some time during the night and not napped well for about a week.  It is painful, and I do not even remember being this tired when I was staggering around sleepless a few weeks after he was born.  I cannot help but think that, to some degree, this is because our new has worn off.  In those first few weeks, it was kind of punch drunk sweet to hop out of bed in the middle of the night to comfort a crying baby.  It is now 2.6 years later, and it just is not cool any more.  My child should sleep 12 hour nights, and I don't think there is anything else I want to hear on the subject.  And I certainly do not want to hear anything about it at 1:00 in the morning.

Anyway, I am trying not to be bitter, but my eyes are puffy and my fuse is short. We were late to swim, because both Ivan and I were both wining about the house and did not notice the time.  I forgot to take a picture of the workout, because my brain is frazzled.  We did some 3 x 200's, some 9 x 100's, and some 8 x 50's.  There was some more, but I don't remember.  The shower was so cold, that I was too chilled to shave my legs with all the goosebumps.  At home, Ivan took a great nap and I got in a Pure Barre workout.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for tonight!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's not worth going into that eye. go back to bed and muzzle the kid. sleeeeeeeeep. warrmmmmmmm. beddddddddd. breathe...........