Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday: Pure Barre and Potty Training Did Not Go Well For Us

So today we began potty training at 8:00 AM and out of the 15 times that Ivan has used the restroom today,  he has used the restroom in the potty three times.  THREE TIMES.  That means that the other 12 times he used the restroom, it was on the floor.  Yesterday went so well, but today the novelty wore off and there was much time spent yelling at his mother to "PUT ON DIAPER", to which I did not give in.  We tried fun underwear, we tried going commando, we tried rewards and we tried everything else.  We rediapered at  naptime and we rediapered at 6:00 in the evening in preparation for bedtime.  I feel a bit like a failure, but I am taking it all in stride and telling myself that he will one day use the potty.  I mean, what else can I really tell myself, because the alternative is most depressing.  A future where I have to explain to my son's prom date how to change his diaper after dinner and before the dance so that his tuxedo pants don't look ridiculously bulky while he he dancing is too bleak for me to imagine.

Anyway, in other news I was able to wrap most all of my Christmas presents and get in a Pure Barre session.  Tomorrow, I plan to return to swim for the mighty 5K swim that we do every Christmas.  So exciting.

Posting before and after pics of my chairs!!

No comments: