Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday: A Lot More Of a Thursday Than I Am Used To

So this morning my hives were largely gone, and my skin seems well on its way to getting back to normal. The pool is closed tomorrow, however, so I had to reorganize my usual schedule and get in my swim today.  I also ran a myriad of errands and ended up running with Ivan in the jog stroller after I picked him up from preschool.  Now that we have a portable DVD player, it is much easier to get Ivan to ride in the stroller.  My run was fine, though ultimately my runs are not going as well as I would like.  

Ultimately, to prepare for the marathon that I am 95% sure I am going to run on December 11th, I have only complete a couple of long runs, the longest of which was 16 miles.  I had a setback and then have not really done any speed work.  It all does not bode well for my performance on the day of.  Regardless of all these forbodings, I am sort of excited about it.  It is like the old days of my ill-preparedness.

My swim was pretty basic and dull.  There were just two of us, and we made up our own workout.  We swam 1000, kicked about 1000, pulled 500, kicked 1000 and pulled 500.

Now, my weekend is shaping up to be rather exciting, as I am participating in the Red and Green swim meet on Saturday morning.  Now, I do not really have all the facts about the meet or completely understand what it is.  It seems to be a relay and maybe a fundraiser.  

No comments: