Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday: Day Off

Betsy and Baby Ivan with Margaret the Great
So today was really the best sort of day off, because I had a double workday planned but then had a cancellation so I had some time to myself.  I headed in to work on a rocket trajectory, and I somehow lost a great tea glass in the process.  Was it on the hood of the car? Did it fly off into traffic? Did I somehow toss it as I sprinted into work in a timely fashion?  No idea, but I am sad about it.  I will say it is a common occurrence that I lose something when I am flustered by packing up Ivan and all of his gear and all of my things and pulling myself together.

Anyway, once I had a cancellation, I was able pop out to Target for stocking stuffers and such and rush over to the mall where I went to True Religion and tried on jeans for a luxurious hour.  Do you know what a luxury it is to be in a dressing room and try on a pair of jeans without hopping into them on one leg with one hand while you try to grip your toddler's leg with an iron grip as he is attempting to crawl away under the dressing room door?  It is a huge luxury.

I have been seen naked at Forever XXI, been seen in my skivies at Anthropologie and Lululemon as I had no choice but to suddenly sprint from the dressing room after Ivan had wrenched out of my grip and slithered under the door of the dressing room.  It is terrible and retail establishments of the world, I beseech you to only use dressing room doors that touch the floor so that over-zealous toddlers cannot run away from their bedraggled mothers who are desperately trying to get clothes over their heads.

I tired on so many lovely pairs of jeans, and it sort of felt like heaven.

Swim tomorrow!!

No comments: