Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday: Hives

It is the worst when I put on an outfit, a cabled turtleneck and boots and skirt only to break out in HIVES.  I was at work literally clawing at my wool ensconced neck like I was a dog with a hotspot.  Apparently sometime since last turtleneck season, I, Betsy Sloan, have become grievously allergic to wool on my neck and chest.  It is very irritating in both senses of the word, to be stranded at work without a change of clothes and worsening hives.  Since my workplace is not one wherein you can operate topless and really no workplace is one where you can operate topless with hives, I was in a most unfortunate position.

Once I arrived home, I was able to change and now three hours and MUCH hydrocortisone cream later, my hives are lessened, and I am left to deeply lament my turtleneck situation.  How much do I love a turtleneck in winter?  I love it a lot, and this turtleneck situation is MOST unfortunate.  

Anyway, this morning I went to swim and got in a great workout, which I did not photograph so it I can't quite remember what I did at this point.  We swam about 3000 meters, and I remember lots of IMing and a good bit of kicking.  At home, I got in a Gilad workout and some paperwork. 





No comments: