Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday: Run, Work and Pure Barre

This morning, I popped out of bed when Ivan woke up and spent some time getting him some breakfast before popping out the door to get in a run before I showered for work.  I did not take my watch and I only ran a flat three miles while listening to top forty music.  It was nice, not too cold.

At home, I have been kicking off many mornings with smoked salmon on toast with goat cheese.  I have a love affair with salmon, and I really can't get enough of it.  So I had bunches of green tea and and my salmon sandwich, and headed in for what turned out to be a really nice workday.  My office was completely deserted, and my appointment went off without a hitch.

After work, I made it by the Food Company for what has become my favorite salad of all time.  It is just their house salad with turkey added and onions subtracted, but it involves blue cheese and candied pecans and confession:  I have had it twice this week.  After the Food Company, I drove to the Lululemon store where a fabulous employee came out with my purchase and just threw it through the car window so that I did not have to fight for a parking place and elbow my way threw the throngs.  I love the employee who did that for me, as she saved an hour of my life.

At home, I did a bit of Ebay managing, and I just want you to know that my sequin dress does not appear to be selling well.  This means that I may not be able to be the proud owner of a new pair of fancy jeans and there is nothing worse than being deprived of fancy jeans.

After young Sloan went down for his nap, I wasted some time and then got in a Pure Barre workout, which was so hard. Just so hard.  All my tucking and lifting felt like it was going to snap my thigh muscles.

Had a great friend over to eat spaghetti, and as she was leaving, of course, Ivan vomited on the both of us.  He stuffed a bit too much cheese in, and it erupted in big way.  Such a lovely way to end an evening.

Am excited about my Christmas Eve run with my running group tomorrow!!  So fun!!

No comments: