Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday: Swim and Christmas Visiting


So this morning, Ivan and I were remarkably late for swim.  We were so late that I felt obligated to stay late to finish up some of the swim workout so that I could say that I had actually done something today.  I swam about 3000 meters, which is quite nice.  We were up on time, but I am  embroiled in Ebay selling and felt that I had many questions to answer and pictures to update before I went to swim.  It is my own fault for buying a sequin sheath dress in the first place.  I, Betsy Sloan, live in a dream world where I wear sequins and such on a daily basis.  In the real world, however, all I really need are combat boots, some jeans, and a trash bag to fend off the byproducts of life with my child.  Oh, I also need a bathing suit and some running shoes.  Honestly though, there are really no clothes that I need.  I mean maybe a hazmat suit or some coveralls, both of which I refuse.  I refuse them, because I refuse to give up.  Two year old or no, I will have my skinny jeans.

Anyway, swim workout was a lot of IM and a lot of 200 intervals.  Swimming during Christmas breaks is the worst, because we masters swimmers only get a couple of lanes due to all the age group swimmers swimming in the middle of the day since they are not in school.  The indoor pool air gets greenhouse hot and the water is murky from things I do not even want to think about. The whole pool deck in an inch thick with water from drippy high school students standing around in wet bathing suits.  The showers are a nightmare of death metal decibel shrieking from all the high school girls trying to yell over the shower jets and each other.  There is fruity conditioner and terrible perfume.  It is all just the worst.

Anyway, after swim, Ivan and I headed home for another disastrous viewing of Curious George before he took his nap. Today, for a Christmas kicker, George somehow released the neighbor's dog into heavy traffic before lighting off for upstate New York.  When The Man in the Yellow Hat found him, George smiled maniacally and shrugged his shoulders as if people do that everyday.

Anyway, in the afternoon, Ivan and I went Christmas visiting and returned home with the most beautiful double decker train set and that gave him one solid hour of pure joy.  It was lovely!!

No comments: