Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday: Gilad and Christmas Cookies Gone Wild

For the love of Mike, will someone come to my house and confiscate the tin of Christie cookies?????  All day long, every time I roam in the vicinity of the kitchen, I am wont to grab Christie cookie and eat it in a similar fashion to the manners of the Cookie Monster or a wild dog.  I will turn down no cookie.  I have enjoyed many different kinds today and do not even get me started on the Lindt mint balls that a hateful gift giver bestowed upon me.  This ridiculous ingestion has to stop before I push myself over the edge of Type II diabetes.  Finally, there is still a Whiskey Pudding in the refrigerator.  A Whiskey Pudding!!!! which sounds to me like something that Henry VIII would have snacked on after eating a pig's head and a leg of mutton.

The thing is, I ate great food today.  Really healthy meals.  A delicious smoothie for breakfast, green tea all day long, sweet potatoes and edamame for lunch and a bean soup for dinner.  It is just the inbetween times, the snacks that are littering my countertops and the Christmas m&m's that I find strewn hither and yon. Surely it will all be over by New Year's and then I can pull myself together before that dastardly Easter Bunny comes prancing along with his Cadbury Eggs.


I did get in a Gilad workout and a stack of the dullest household chores imaginable.  It was too cold to put Ivan in the Jog stroller, but the pool opens tomorrow!!!

No comments: