Friday, December 31, 2010

Nerd Alert: Foster Grant Lightspecs

LIGHTSPECS!!!
Ahhh Foster Grant reading spectacles how I love you.  I do not technically NEED glasses, but sometimes my eyes get tired when I have spent a long night needlepointing.  I enjoy wearing them to finish my needlepointing OR read my book in bed before I go to sleep.

HOWEVER, I have long had a difficulty.  Someone (who shall remain nameless) does not like it when I read in the bed with my light on at night.  SO, I have no choice but to put an elasticized caving/camping light on my head, and then balance my glasses precariously on my nose, because my son broke off one of the sides of the glasses that rests on my ear.  If it sounds uncomfortable, it is.  If it sounds as if it looks ridiculous, there are not even words to describe just how ridiculous.

I was going to post a picture of myself in the elasticized head lamp and the broken glasses, but I took a brief glance in the mirror at how the head lamp pushed my brows down like a cro-magnon man, and the broken glasses teetered on my nose, and my personal vanity halted me in my tracks.

Then last night, I was watching a documentary about Richard Branson on MSNBC and there was a commercial on for the new Foster Grant Lightspecs.  They are tortoise reading glasses WITH LIGHTS INSIDE!!!!!

I was awed and amazed.  I went to the drugstore immediately today, and I am the proud owner of a pair of Foster Grant Lightspecs.  They were $24 and worth every penny.  I can read and needlepoint with ease. There is no need to use a reading lamp.  I am in heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before buying LightSpecs make sure you can remove the battery covers. I struggled with mine and now I can't get the covers back on. A serious quality problem.

Anonymous said...

I'm struggling as well. I can't find any instructions on how to remove the battery covers nor what type of batteries are needed to replace. And it certainly hasn't been 50 hours of wear before my batteries are dimming!