Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday: Pure Barre, Yoga and Swim Party

Today was cold.  It was windy and snowy and overcast, and we did not put a toe outside all day.  The brief seconds that I opened the door to let the cat in were more than enough.  There was no option for me to run without the jog stroller today, and it was just too cold to put Ivan in the jog stroller.  I think I have mentioned before that the guilt of a child's cold hands when you pull him from the jog stroller after you have been running is almost to great to bear.

Now, when I hiked with the Bambino Brigade a lot of the women would put those heating pouches in their children's mittens and boots.  Now, I would like to be with it enough to remember to keep things like that at the house, but I never think of it until the moment that I need it.  If I were the dedicated athlete that I would like to think I am, I would have packed myself off to REI and invested in all sorts of heating acoutrements before coming home to run.  That is, however, a lot of trouble, and I was up to my ears in making a shower curtain and shuffling through laundry and making meals and such for a certain two year old that I am pretty sure has had nothing but gummy vitamins and milk for the past three days.

I did, however, finally finish AND INSTALL my shower curtain which require a drill, screws and much difficult balancing on a step stool.  The effect is quite lovely and definitely made the bathroom quite a bit more glamorous.  It needs a bit more work, but the bulk of the endeavor is completed.  I find that home projects are, in theory, quite simple.  THE TIME involved, however, makes you understand how you would hire someone to handle these home things.

In the afternoon, I got in a Pure Barre workout, which hurts every time.  Then I got in a yoga session, which I desperately needed.

In the evening, we all trooped off to my swim party, where I was officially the worst Dirty Santa player of all time.  I bought some swim shampoo that I really wanted and picked it as my gift and then kept it.  I feel that this is behavior that Ebeneezer Scrooge or Lex Luthor would exhibit, and I plan to revisit my Dirty Santa strategy next year maybe.  BUT, I am very excited about my new shampoo!!

No comments: