Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday: Swim and Gilad

So the drama at the pool lately is that there are all sorts of break-ins happening in the rec center parking lot. You can leave no valuables in your car, and today alone there were three break-ins while I was in the pool.  Steven, my swim coach, who I now also think is a saint, walked all the way out to my car in the snow (so that I did not have to get out of the pool and walk out to the car wet) and cleaned all my valuables out of the car and brought them inside so that they would not get stolen.  So grateful, I was.

We had a great swim set, and I got in 3400 meters.  Workout as follows:

  • 400 swim
  • 300 IM
  • 6 x 50 drill/swim
  • 6 x 25 build
  • 300 pull
  • 6 x 50 dec @ :50
  • 300 pull no paddles
  • 4 x 75 build @ 1:20
  • 300 swim
  • 8 x 25 swim fast @ :25
  • 200 kick
  • 6 x 75 easy/ fast @ 1:40
OK, so we swam pretty long yardage intervals at pretty fast time intervals.  The workout was great and I loved my swim, but let me just tell you that getting out of the pool and into the showers and waiting for the water to heat up this time of year is JUST TERRIBLE.  I have never felt such cold.  When I swam in  62 degree water in the rain in Chicago, it did not seem as cold as the locker rooms seem this time of year.  Just miserable.

On the way home, my approaching hypothermia forced me to stop at Starbucks for an egg white sandwich and a decaf soy latte.  It was so delicious, and I felt better by the time I got to the bottom of my latte.  Now, I also got Ivan a tiny starbucks cookie or mini-scone, which he promptly threw into the garbage when we got home.  This filled me with bitterness and woe, as I feel it is my job to eat all the sweet treats that Ivan does not finish.  I checked the trash, and unfortunately he had thrown the mini-scone right on top of the dryer lint, coffee grounds and some unrecognizable gooey substance that rendered the situation inedible. It was a great tragedy.  

I got in a Gilad workout and had a free afternoon.  It was the greatest!!




No comments: